Thursday, April 29, 2010

The things Alexander enjoys...

Hats-- for a few days he was fascinated by all of his future brother's hats. He put them on, put them on Robert and I, and his bears even got to wear them some.

My dear friend Katie. She came to visit for a few days and he played harder than ever with her-- I think they were both exhausted by the end of the trip. Alexander can't wait to see her again!

Reading books-- Robert has been teaching him to take out one book at a time and then to put the book he has finished reading back up. We watched in awe tonight as Alexander carefully selected a book, crawled into our blue chair and looked through it (pointing at the pictures and babbling like we do with him). It was amazing to watch (I try to treasure each of these moments).

Well we are in the final countdown mode of awaiting baby Howe #2. In less than two weeks we are expecting the arrival of our second son. We are incredibly blessed.

1 comment:

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

What a great blog! I not only got to see your precious little man, but there was a picture of KATIE too! Sweet pictures, sweet words, and a great sense of peace ya'll seem to have right now. I hope everything runs smoothly before baby #2 comes. I can't wait to talk to you again! :)