Monday, May 16, 2011

Happy Birthday Elijah!

We celebrated by going to Chick-fil-a for breakfast.



Alexander giving Elijah his very first ice cream cone!

With my sweet boys - notice that Alexander is eating Elijah's ice cream


A friend from church joined us tonight for Elijah's birthday. Rachelle was kind enough to make homemade cupcakes. Elijah LOVED his first cupcake (especially the icing)


And here is Elijah wanting to share a little cupcake with you! (He currently enjoys "sharing" everything."


One year ago my sweet Elijah Michael arrived. Honestly, we can't believe it has been a year! It seems like yesterday that I was alone with my little one in the hospital, holding him all night long - not ever wanting to miss one single moment. As I would look into his eyes I couldn't help but think I was looking into the face of a long lost friend. Its been one year and I still hold him all the time (maybe a little too much - but hey, they're only little once) and look forward to his sweet snuggles and watchful gaze. We are so thankful for this sweet, determined, calm, cheeky, cuddly little guy and can't wait to see who he becomes. Happy Birthday Elijah Michael!

2 comments:

Laura said...

what a wonderful post, elijah is such a wonderful little boy and I too can't wait to see all that God has instore for him. Happy Birthday little one.

Mark and Leah Schuurman said...

Cuddle him all you want. I'm with you, girl! :)