Sunday, June 24, 2012

Family Time

Our first science experiment - baking soda and colored vinegar!
Elijah had fun dumping the baking soda in the colored vinegar!

Trying to perfect the tricycle so we can teach him to ride a bike soon!

Enjoying an evening with our friends

Alexander with his best-friend Micah feeding the chickens

and a little time swimming at the lake

It looks like we are finally starting to fall into a good routine as a family.  I, Karen, watch the kids in the morning and have been working hard to balance our time between play dates, "activities" at home (like our science experiment), adventures around town (they love these), and mornings at home doing chores.  Thankfully, we now have help in the afternoons, Marj (previously Alexander's preschool teacher), has started watching the kids two afternoons a week in order to free Robert up to spend more intentional time with students.  We have also been blessed to share lots of meals with friends these past few months.  Alexander has even begun to ask, "who's coming over for dinner tonight?!"  Its a joy to teach our children hospitality and for us to be blessed by the many students and friends who join our dinner table.  As a family we've also been taking advantage of the beautiful weekends to visit friends and to take time to enjoy the lake.  I can hardly believe June is almost over but we are looking forward to all the adventures we will have in July!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Last time I was on this blog was about 3 years ago. 2 new surprises since then :)
Congrats Robert and Karen!! Cute kids and a wonderful family!
- Hersh (VT fall 2008 class. Not sure if you would recall :) )

Dawn said...

Hi Karen,

I surely do miss you guys' hospitality! I hope there will be some day I can get to meet all 3 of your beautiful kids!

Lots and love and blessings,

Dawn